In my view, Harrogate rocks!
Amidst the tall imposing Victorian villas and a short walk from Betty’s tea rooms, stands the majestic Windsor House. This huge and beautiful former Victorian Hotel has retained most of its original features and is furnished to a high standard. The White Rose centre is located on the ground floor. It features one large salon which is divided by glazed partitions to form two operational therapy salons, nail stations and media and photographic make-up area. There is a well-appointed theory room, large reception area, management office and student break out area which is respected, valued and well managed. The centre has designated car parking but what is really special about this centre happens when you step inside!
The ambiance is reminiscent of a high quality spa, beautifully furnished, softly lit and heavily scented with the aura of fresh linen and flower filled fields. From the moment you enter you are greeted by a quiet air of professionalism with smiling staff who are archetypal of their industry. The students are clearly inspired by these role models and look uber professional in their corporate uniform which is worn with pride.
The team have made an impact locally in a short time. They have already embedded themselves into the local business community and have become member of Harrogate and district Chamber of Commerce, offering their fabulous premises for a management committee meeting of the Chamber in a few months’ time. They are working with Henshaw’s and Martin House providing Complementary Therapies training for all their staff. They are also busy fund raising and encouraging students to consider how they can apply their skills in this important sector. They were also delighted to be recognised as a Guild Patron of St Michaels Hospice.
Saint Michael’s Chief Executive Tony Collins said: “We’re delighted to welcome White Rose Beauty College to Saint Michael’s award-winning Guild of Patrons. With one in two people across the district touched by hospice care, the contribution of Patrons makes a remarkable difference to so many local families affected by terminal illness.
“As part of this initiative, members of our Guild are instrumental in supporting Saint Michael’s to realise its strategic aspirations, including our plans to reach out and provide more care in people’s own homes.
“We’d like to thank White Rose Beauty College for making this valuable investment in the future hospice care, safeguarding the future of vital services in our community.”
- It costs Saint Michael’s £5million each year to deliver our services to local people living with terminal illness and bereavement.
- Nearly ninety per cent of our work is funded by the community we serve.
- Saint Michael’s Guild of Patrons is a select community of local and regional businesses, who each contribute £15,000 of support over a three year period to safeguard the future of care for families affected by terminal illness and bereavement.
- The initiative is a remarkable example of the synergy that occurs when charities and corporate supporters forge a partnership for mutual benefit; patrons are instrumental in supporting Saint Michael’s to realise its strategic aspirations, while enjoying a unique opportunity to demonstrate their organisation’s values to key stakeholders.
- The Guild offers members exclusive business benefits, including increased profile and the opportunity to demonstrate corporate values to customers, clients and staff.
Another triumph for the team is the Great Yorkshire Show. What bigger stage could the team work on than that of the Great Yorkshire Show on its 160th birthday, the make-up staff and students led by the talented Pippa will be providing Hair and make-up for the fashion show which take to the catwalk from 10th July. This year there is something really special to celebrate this landmark birthday but……. our lips are sealed!
Come along and see us in the Fashion Pavilion to find out more!
The team have also work hard to plan progression opportunities for their students and for other students wanting higher level skills. In October they will be offering Advanced Aesthetics and a range of highly specialised short courses focused on the modern technologies currently being launched in this exciting fast paced and dynamic industry.
Finally, this super hard-working team are offering summer schools to qualified therapists who want to update their skills and build their business offer.
Interested? Give them a call or go along and meet the team, they will greet you with a smile and take great pleasure in telling you all about their work and their fantastic students.
Truly a hidden jewel!